Monday, January 11, 2010

What he'd have to be.

1. He'd have to be spiritual-and know God not only as his savior-but as a friend.
2. He'd have to walk with him everyday, and agree to have a relationship together in Christ.
3. We could agree to disagree on some aspects of politics, but he'd have to be pro-life no-matter what.
4. He'd have to be able to appreciate art and my passion for it.
5. Music would have to be more than a passion with him-it'd have to be a piece of his soul, as it is a piece of my soul.
6. He'd have to know Emerson and Dickinson.
7. He'd have to only wear dark wash jeans.
8. He'd have to smell like heaven...like home.
9. He'd have to put family above all things.
10. He'd have to appreciate hazelnut syrup in a hot cup of coffee.
11. He'd have to know how to just sit in silence next to me, when I need to feel him and the world...he'd have to not put words where words were not needed.
12. He'd have to fight passionately for the things he loved...and never settle for mediocrity.
13. He'd have to be ambitious-and enthusiastic about changing the world.
14. He'd have to love me even when I'm emotional or anxious or in my fits of rage.
15. He'd have to love to read the paper.
16. He'd have to be close to his mother.
17. He'd have to love his dog and want to take him everywhere.
18. He couldn't be a cat person.
19. He'd have to have eyes as deep as the ocean.
20. He'd have to have a strong work ethic.
21. His hands would have to wrap around mine.
22. He'd have to love just sitting in front of the lake-in our bluejeans, counting stars.
23. He'd have to love to watch me paint-and it would be amazing if he painted too.
24. He'd have to be passionate about either art, or philosophy or literature.
25. He'd have to love to go out and dance dance dance.
26. He'd have to love to stay in and do nothing but hold my hand.
27. He'd have to fight for me to stay when I threatened to leave.
28. He'd have to stay.


29. He'd have to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment