Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm convinced tonight-

That I did what I did with good intentions,
A good heart-
And a soul full of faith.

I chose to leap into uncertainty
And though I felt the force of gravity-

I didn't hit the ground.

I traveled to this place-
Praying to God the whole time,
Hoping he'd keep me strong.

And even in my moments of sorrow,
And rage.
My knees buckled beneath me...
And I prayed-

And it's led me here.

And I know here is good...
Because I AM cracked,
And I AM weak...

And I AM broken.

But He is strong,
And I don't have to be.

He will hold my head when it is heavy-
My hand when I am empty-
And will lead me through these tangled fears
To the other side of

Everything.

And when I am with Him...

I know that his will is more perfect-
Than the plans I made for myself...

The plans that I was so heartbroken
That He wrecked.

The broken dreams that I am now so grateful for.

God,

Please wreck the plans I have for myself
Over and over again.

Humble me...
Help me strengthen my faith...

Let me feel your miracles-

And in my mistakes-your grace.

Help me...


Grow with the peace that transcends understanding...
And not fear the future,

And find comfort in knowing-
I am in Your hands-
And Your perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment