Monday, January 4, 2010

Tonight is not one of those nights...

Where I can be strong.

It's not one of those nights
That I can feel like I'm better
Without you-
Even though my head knows I am.

Tonight is one of those nights
Where my spirit is broken
And it's hard to breathe-

And when I try-
I'm forcing my chest to go up
And down;
With this huge boulder on it...

And some part of me wants to
Stop trying and let it take me;

Let my demons have me-
For a little while.

And I'm amazed at how-
They lure me in so,
Promising they'll make me Closer in a way-
To you-


So I would rather risk it,
And would rather pay the price
And hang my self up at the door
And be demolished-
Once again-

If it meant I could be near you
Just once.


Because tonight is one of those Nights

Where I miss your heartbeat-
And feeling your chest go up
And down-


And I'd sacrifice mine for yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment