Sunday, January 10, 2010

This I may lose

I may lose your
Sweet sighs

As I pull you tight and kiss your neck.

And I may lose
The way your fingertips
Molded slow into mine-

And made me whole.

I may lose-
Your comfort on a cold night,
The way your feet felt rubbing up against mine-

And the way you loved me
Kissing
And whispering in your ears...

And me,
With my fingers through your hair.

I may lose your eyes-
That are the same color as mine,

And the chance that you will ever know-
That I love you endlessly.

I may lose you to someone
Who will never

Feel your soul-
The way I danced in it-
With every color surrounding me like
I was your missing piece.

And you were mine.

And I swear I can still smell you
On my hands sometimes.

And I may lose that too;

But I have to believe
There was a reason for it all.

To teach us things we do not know.

And maybe in the end-

You'll see that I was the only one...

That could love you this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment