Sunday, December 27, 2009

What I want

I want country music, and stars.
I want the soft glow of the lake
And crickets humming sacred sonnets in the grass.

I want chocolate milk, and warm brownies-
I want a porch swing.

I want the clacking of shutters
When the wind blows,
And the songs of soft spring showers
Leaving whispers on a tin roof.

I want,
Tranquility,
Curled up
With you-
Under a flannel blanket,
On the sofa.

I want your laugh.
And the sounds of your fingers
Touching guitar strings.

I want a cluttered pantry-
And my favorite pair of Levis.
I want to argue with you,
Passionately...
And love you up
After we've forgotten what we're fighting about.

I want the sound of laughter
To wrap its arms around me-
And whisper forever in my ears.

I want to bathe in
Lavender bath salts,
And have footy pajamas to
Fall asleep in.

I want a bird feeder,
And a bird bath,
And a garden.

I want a wrap around porch,
And to feel the morning under my feet-
When I wake up-
Early enough to catch the sunrise-
While you're catching fish.

I want your hands,
And your voice,
And your curls-
And the way you smell;
To touch my finger tips,
And hold my head at night.

I want to dance with you
And feel the grass underneath my feet,
And see nothing-
But you-
And Oklahoma night skies.

I want to taste home in my
Lemonade,
And breathe it in as it glides in
Off the water.

I want to learn
How to do brave things,
Like use a shotgun,
Change a tire-
And hang up on my father.

I want you,
To use your hands to show me.

I want to spend Christmases with
Your family,
And mine...
And so much family...
That we take up two dining rooms.

And I want-
An apple tree,
That I can make pies from,
And an apricot tree-
To make jelly.

And I want to feel you there,
In your pickup truck-
That smells like leather
And good cologne;
That feels like home.

I want...
Love that is the forever kind-
With you.

No comments:

Post a Comment