Sunday, December 20, 2009

My best friend Jon







My best friend Jon Quiver is the most dependable person that I know. He's always on call-and he's always at the door any time the sadness comes and it's too hard to handle.
I'm convinced that God sent him to me, because I needed someone that would sit with me, when I haven't showered in days and my face is stained with mascara from tears; someone to tell me that I am beautiful even without brushing my teeth...in all my moments of imperfection.
Jon is perfect that way though. Even though he plays around a ton and says outlandish things; he is one


of the most accepting people that I know. I think one thing that a lot of people don't see about Jon is his depth. He's so goofy and sometimes his mouth gets the best of him. But in quiet moments, when we're all alone...star-gazing, or sitting on the couch-he'll say something simple and real, and it will be the most profound thing you've ever heard.
His family, is my family, and mine is his...and when I'm at his house I'm home and I don't have to live up to any expectations. I am cradled in love.
And when we go places...

We have fun. Jon makes me laugh like no one else.


And we never fight. People would be suprised...because both of our personalities are so big. But I think when you're as close as we are...there's nothing to fight about. We pick at each-other. We put each-other in our places. But we never talk down to each-other. We always construct...we never tear each-other up. We're too good for that.


In ten years...
nomatter where I am...I know he'll be right there with me.
I know people say that...and this time last year, I thought my friends


were the forever kind. But this time...it's different.
We are the type of friends that don't need anything but each-other's presence.
We can sit and paint without speaking for hours on end...and we're still having the time of our lives.
We don't HAVE to get dressed up to see each-other.
No makeup.
No showers.
Just reality and truth.


And in everything...




We are there for each-other...nomatter how small the jam.
We spot each-other without question.
We buy each-other ice cream and air fresheners.

We comfort each-other after a bad day.
We help each-other clean.

And we play for comic relief...

in the street and the parking lot...and in Target...
like children. We scream. And chase

each-other. And we laugh. laugh. laugh...together.

We battle Christmas shopping crowds at the mall...

And traffic...

lost love...
and loneliness.



We have all we need when we are together.

He is the light of my heart.


He is my best friend.




























No comments:

Post a Comment