Monday, December 21, 2009

I beg it not to be this way...

But then I beg it to...

And when I look at you,
And your curls,
I ache to wrap myself
In a new adventure...

Where passion is right
And real-
And in motion when
All the stars are still.

And wrapped up
In you-
I want to be courageous;
In love,
And brave.

And my heart begs
That loving you be the right way-
Though my head maps out all
The possibilities of failure.
Like it does
Always...
As if it expects the bottom to fall out...
But I guess it always has--

Meanwhile knowing that,

When my eyes trace your fingertips
And your arms,
And your neck
And your mouth-

I feel right again-
Like before all this happened.
And your
Blue
Ocean
Eyes
Fill me up like water
And wash all the sad away.
And it's my eyes that you look into-
Not this other person's
That I've been running from-
In my own room.

Mine-

And it's my ambition you see-
Not his, or theirs.
Me.
The dreamer.

And in these forevers,
Was the certainty that there was something
Broken
In me-

Because I couldn't feel the wind
On the back of my neck-
Or the sun kissing the freckles on my cheeks.

But when I can stand close to you-
My chest next to your
Arms,
And my stomach next to your hips-

I can breathe you, in secret
And fall in love with your lips
And your smile-

And
I'm home...
Again-

Finally.

And everything broken-
Mends.

No comments:

Post a Comment