Sunday, December 20, 2009

My soul sister Cici


Cici is my soulmate.
I can't explain how close to my heart she is, because there are no words.
She is the friend who's hugs I love the most. And I love to see her smile.

She is by far, the strongest person I know; she's like a warrior princess-fierce, strong, beautiful and full of light.
When it seems like there is no hope in love left...or when I lose sight of who I am, or when I cannot grasp my self worth, I look at her and how she loves me, and I know that I am special.

Always wide-eyed and excited; she captivates people. She's short, like me, and everyone asks if we are related.
Sometimes I think we are the same person.

She is a much younger, yet much older version of myself.

In some ways-I take her under my wing, because I'm the oldest, like a big sister; and I think I have it all figured out.
But in so many ways, she teaches me how to live and never lose joy in the world...
and most importantly-
to never lose faith in others.
Her wisdom is beautiful, and her words are always there to build me up.

Her love is the greatest love. It is sacrificial; it expects nothing in return. And she is loyal. No one can keep a secret like Cici can.

The best nights are when Jon and I are sitting around the campfire with her, listening to her music.

It's those nights,
when we are filled with cool air, night stars, and acoustic guitar...
that I feel the closest to God.



And I am so lucky that He's given me...

a miracle
like her.
She is my soul sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment