Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What I love about you...

I love, the way your hands look-when they are on the steering wheel, and the way you look over at me, in the passenger seat, when we talk-like I'm somebody. And when your eyes meet mine-they are all I need; every color, every blue and green and brown, and they bring me to life. And I want to stand there and explore them, until I'm so close to you that I kiss your lips...accidentally.
And I love...your curls, and the way they come to life around your face, underneath your hat and how soft you are; like home. Your hands could swallow mine if you held them, and I would let you if you reached for them, and I wish you would.
And you don't put words where words are not needed. Your lips say everything when they are closed and smiling at me.
And when we laugh-we laugh hard, and it's real, and I feel it in every inch of me; reminding me that I still can laugh, and you're the only person I want to laugh with. And the sadness is gone, and it's like it was never there in the first place.
Your laugh is soft like a whisper or a heartbeat. And when I catch my reflection as I listen to it-I see how much softer, and brighter and alive I look; and my eyes glow, and I am beautiful with you.
If I could just stand there-and breath you in...that'd be all I ever need, because your smell-makes my heart hum and my cheeks blush and my lips curve into a smile. And I adore you...just being with me.
I love your character; how you work for everything you get...and you don't take advantage of the people that love you. I love how you love God like a friend, and it shows in everything you do. I love how every time you look at your Mom your brow gets soft and it's like you haven't seen her in days...and you embrace her. I love how you value your family-how they come first with you...
Your simplicity is like a song that I want to let surround me.

I love you naively, with no expectations, no worries-
All I need is you, and me-in the passenger seat.

And in this passionate unrequited love...

I love how you bring me pieces of myself
that I never knew
were missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment